“Innovation is creativity with a job to do.” by John Emmerling
One of my favorite conferences is #ncties18. This conference always gets my brain thinking in new ways and reenergizes me. There is a lot of great information in just a few short days so it always takes me a few days to process. The one word I could sum up this conference this year would be #inspired.
- Marley Emerson Dias: She is the amazing young lady that started
#1000BlackGirlBooks campaign and wrote the book Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You! She is the youngest to be named Forbes 30 under 30. Check out her resource library here.
- Kevin Carroll: I can’t say enough things about Kevin Carroll as he truely is a game changer and amazing at his job! I often times feel guilty that I don’t have the best work/life a balance but he made me realize that it is okay not to because I LOVE what I do! He had so many great quotes but these three are my favorites
- “The master in the art of living makes little distinction …..blur the lines of work and play and find the joy every single day.” Kevin Carroll
- “It’s not enough to have an idea. You have to advance it. The difference between a dream and a reality is action.” Kevin Carroll
- “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” Plato
- Students at Stedwick Elementary School: I can’t do this video justice with words….just watch, The Lie.
New Tools and Ideas:
- YellKey – cool shorten link site
- Ziteboard: – white board for web browser
- #booksnaps – great way to add in digital literacy into your lessons
“Technology alone is not enough. It is technology married with the liberal arts married with the humanities that makes our hearts sing. When you keep people at the center of what you do, it can have an enormous impact.” Tim Cook