“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” by Walt Disney
Yesterday I had a great day at #EDCampQC. It was awesome connecting with new and previous colleagues to learn about what others are doing/trying in their classroom. Below are just a few of the cool new tools I learned about and will be trying. I plan on trying one at a time until I master it, so I do not feel so overwhelmed!
- Telestory is an iPad app. It allows students to be creators of content and show mastery through different modes such as creating a music video, news report, writing their own stories etc.
- Kid-Pix: is a tool that allows students to create drawings and flip books.
- RoundMe is a paid web site that allows people to create virtual reality.
- My Maps: Teachers and/or students can create and share custom private maps. You can add icons to locations and insert images and text to that location.
- Deck.Toys is in beta and is a real-time classroom engagement platform that allows you to teach and manage students. I like how you do have the option of allowing self pacing for students and that is how I would utilize this.