“Action is the foundational key to all success.” By Anthony Robbins
Personalized Learning (PL) looks different in every school and in every classroom but the foundation to me is that it is about letting students own and drive their learning. PL is not another thing but doing whats best for ALL students through best practices. Here are 10 ways you can start to personalize your classroom.
- Allow students to goal set and reflect on their work.
- Use the data to help guide your instruction, not just collect it.
- Allow students to know and understand their data .
- Build in time for morning meeting and/or morning advisory time.
- Have students be creators of content verse consumers.
- Give students choice in their tasks, products etc.
- Build in time for genius hour or passion based learning.
- All for students to work at their own pace verse following a set pacing guide.
- Triangulate data so students show mastery through multiple ways.
- Hold student led conferences weekly verse during parent/teacher conference time.
These are a few things that you can do to help move to a more Personalized Learning classroom. Try one at a time as small action steps make the biggest impact. Here are my previous posts on PL you may also want to visit: