“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” By Melody Beattie
It is that time of year again where I reflect on my year and make some new resolutions as I think it it important to always be improving oneself.
2015’s resolutions/evolutions with reflections:
1. Continue focusing on helping teachers make an intentional shift to personalized learning (PL). I blogged more about PL and have growth the work not only in my district but also nationally through working with PL leaders.
2. Continue to challenge myself. I am not sure how or what I will do this year but I always do as I love to learn. I learned a lot this year through challenging myself. Some things I learned was understanding the neuroscience of learning, how to write national grants and how to lead a team through ups and downs.
3. Continue to work on balancing work and life. This will forever be a challenge but I have done much better with not working on the weekends and stop working at 7:00 at night.
2016 Resolution’s (Feels weird to write 2016!)
- Learn three new things well. It doesn’t have to be education related and I don’t know yet what they will be but I want to make sure I master them.
- Intentional Living – life is made up of choices.
- Do more random acts of kindness
- Write more thank you’s: I did an okay job of this but it was sporadic- I want to write at least two a week.
- Work/Life Balance – again this will always be a work in progress. 😉
- Continue to grow Personalized Learning philosophy. To do this I will continue to blog about PL, read works on PL and work with PL leaders around the world as I do believe it is what is best for all students. One day PL will be just how we do instruction for todays world.
I love also hearing your resolutions or evolutions; please share in the comments.