“Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.” By Albert Einstein
This past week I was tagged in the Homework Meme craze by Brianna Crowley. After reading about what Homework Meme was, I found it is similar to those chain emails we used to get in college. I wasn’t so sure I wanted to participate. But like any social media outlet, I got sucked in reading others and started to realize the importance of getting to know your followers for the person they are, besides their digital persona. I decide to participate as I think it is meaningful for my readers to get to know me as well.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME MANY PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW
- I got married in Negril, Jamaica on the beach.
- I love Cardinals for no other reason then my Grandma loved them.
- I was told by my 3rd grade teacher I wouldn’t graduate from High School…haha I did graduate and also college and grad school. 😉
- I am always cold and I have a gazillion blankets around the house, you would think an old lady lives here.
- I worked as a waitress during College and think the experience was just as beneficial as college. I learned things everyday, mostly about dealing with different individuals.
- I went to college thinking, ‘I’ll become a teacher and then have summers off’…..I did not have the last laugh on this one nor did I realize it wouldn’t be a job but a passion.
- I love to read and am the person that gets mad when the book ends because I am not in their world anymore.
- I am not a music person; I like listening to songs that make you feel good and dance. I am one of those people that also thinks I know all the lyrics but really don’t. I could be in the worst mood ever but if, ‘I’m Too Sexy’ by Right Said Fred comes on, it cheers me up.
- I love quotes but don’t have a favorite. I use them to start every blog post of mine.
- I enjoy trying new restaurants as I love food. Yelp is a favorite app because of this obsession.
- I own my own company called Edulum. We combining the love of EDUcation and the expertise of curriucLUM for affordable Professional Development and Education Consulting. We also hold what is becoming an annual conference in Charlotte, NC in the beginning of August. Typical conferences are hundreds of dollars, ours is only $30.00, with the same quality of big conferences because educators are not in it for the money, we are in it for the love of learning. @edulumllc
Brianna’s 11 QUESTIONS:
- What was the proudest moment of your childhood? Making a competitieve varsity softball team as a freshman (Over 400 girls tried out)
- To get you through a task, what “carrot” do you use? I make a todo list and start crossing things off then I am re-motivated, I know – I am weird.
- When we autonomous cars hit the market, will you be an early adopter? No
- Window seat or Aisle? Aisle
- If you couldn’t get hurt, what is one adventure you would try? Skydiving but I think I might do it anyway….we shall see.
- Do you believe in ghosts? No
- Favorite non-human companion? Books
- What song/album do you believe tells your story…or at least an important part of it? Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.
- What’s your perfect beverage? Descriptive details are important. Jacob Creeks Moscato
- What one word, phrase, or mannerism would all your closest friends and family say is “so you?” Educator
- If you were given a 4 year sabbatical to pursue an alternate career path what would you choose? It would be to learn how to bake and then open my own bakery. I swear someone stole my idea of cupcake shoppes before they became popular.
11 BLOGGERS I’M TAGGING:
My 11 QUESTIONS:
- If you could give your younger self some advice, what would it be?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Have you paid it forward?
- How many states have you lived in?
- What is your favorite device?
- If you were going to write a book, what would its title be?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is a goal of 2014?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- If you could be on a reality TV show, which one would you be on?
- What would your last meal on earth be?
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
I truly enjoy everyone that reads my blog/twitter feeds and hope you have a happy holiday break and season.