“You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” By Clay P. Bedford
Steps to creating a “Gami”
1. Click on Create
2. Chose your character, emotion and background
3. Record or Type your message.
4. Save and Share
Here is my “Gami” message for you: https://tellagami.com/gami/A2C4QF/
As my Gami stated, this is a great App to have students demonstrate mastery of skills but also integrating technology and 21st century skills seamlessly. Having students explain their knowledge allows for higher order thinking. I like that you can either type your responses or record allowing you to differentiate. Creating Tellagami’s infuses Common Core: Speaking and Listening Anchor Standards along with other Common Core and/or Essential Standards efficiently. Here are my top 5 ways you can use Tellagami in your classroom:
1. After reading ________ (fill in the blank book) have the students create an avatar that looks like the character summarizes the book.
2. Have students describe a vocabulary word and use it in a sentence.
3. Create avatars to read their poems
4. Create an avatar that looks like them and explaining any concept that you are working on such as rock cycle, simple machines, adding and subtracting fractions etc.
5. Create avatars to persuade the audience (Ex: voting for a candidate)
I would love to hear how you use Tellagami App in your classroom, please share in the comments.