“Change is the end result of all true learning.” by Leo Buscaglia
The North Carolina Technology in Education Society (NCTIES) took place in Raleigh, NC this week. It was a great time to present my knowledge but also gain knowledge from others. After synthesizing everything I decided to share some of my favorite sessions and resources.
1. Richard Bryne, @rmbyrne, was a featured speaker at the conference. One of his sessions was sharing 65 web tools in 50 mins. It was a fast paced session and some I knew but I learned some new tools as well. Three of my favorite that I learned and will be implementing are…
– Pixabay: Has free public domain images with no login required (Like the one at top of the page)
– Meograph: Four-dimensional storytelling
– Real Time Board: Great for online collaboration, sharing ideas or presentations.
2. The conference theme was ‘Game On’ and many sessions were on Game Based Learning. One of my favorite sessions curated all the GBL sites by type of game (ex. strategy, puzzle, role play etc). Check it out here: https://sites.google.com/site/kbkvgenz
3. Sam Walker, @swalker2, presented on how to use digital passport to help teach digital citizenship with gaming. Check it out here: https://digitalpassport.org/educator-registration
It was a pleasure to also present on the topics of Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) and Twitter for Educators.